At Party Savers we strive to have a streamlined return and refund process that is convenient for both the staff members who implement it and the customers who rely on it. By law we are not required to offer a refund for any costumes that do not fit correctly or to customers who change their mind on a purchase or make a purchase with error. Our refund policies are not meant to exclude or replace your given rights under Australian Consumer Law. However, at Party Savers we pride ourselves on delivering a high level of customer service, therefore where possible we will try to exchange your purchase if the following conditions are met.
Purchases made online are subject to the same rights as purchases made in-store with the following exceptions:
- The purchase is subject to our delivery policy.
- Shipping is provided by a third party as an added service for your convenience and therefore is non-refundable.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
Return, refund, exchange or store credit note requests must be accompanied by one of the following forms of proof of purchase:
- Original register receipt in legible condition (photocopies or other reproductions are not acceptable).
- Online Order Tax Invoice (a simple order number or confirmation will not be accepted).
Despite every effort to accurately match products colours listed on the website, please note that colours may vary due to monitors. Therefore you need to be certain that any slight variations occurring between the actual colour, and the representation on our website, will be acceptable.
CHANGE OF MIND
In the event that you change your mind on a product or have purchased the wrong item (e.g. wrong colour decorations) provided that you can provide legible proof of purchase, Party Savers may offer you an exchange, store credit note or refund provided that:
While we do attempt to provide peace of mind with our return policy, we offer a large variety of items and some of them cannot be covered by a general refund policy. Please choose carefully when purchasing the following merchandise as our standard policies may not cover them:
- A costume, undergarment, hosiery, wig, cosmetic or makeup item that has been taken from the store cannot be returned. For health and safety reasons we cannot resell these items once they are removed from the store or original packaging.
- Any perishable item such as food or confectionary. For health and safety reasons these items cannot be resold when returned.
- Any customised, custom made made or personalised item or gift cannot be returned, including printed edible icing images.
- Helium product such as a helium tank or helium balloons are non-refundable. It is also important to note that no refund will apply to any unused gas in helium tanks. If a tank is returned and contains some (or all) helium inside, the remaining gas inside will be forfeited as the tank cannot be resold.
- Items ordered in bulk may not be eligible for a change of mind return, refund or credit as we cannot provide the shelf space to receive them. We reserve the right to determine what is considered a bulk quantity.
- Items purchased on sale or discounted in any way are exempt from return or refund for change of mind as they may be discontinued. This also applies to an item purchased as part of an order that had a discount applied to the entire order.
- Under no circumstance will we be held responsible for any costs or damages caused either directly or indirectly as a result of decorations becoming damaged while they are in your care (e.g a balloon that pops at the party or during transportation).
DAMAGED OR FAULTY GOODS
Every product that we sell is individually checked by us when stocking the shelf as well as at the register when packing your order. On the odd occasion items do become "damaged" during shipping, handling, or manufacturer error. If you believe that an item has been purchased damaged or faulty you may have rights to a refund for any faulty items. You may be eligible for a refund for faulty goods in the case where:
- The refund is sought within a reasonable time frame (generally within 30 days for most party supplies, but 48 hours for costumes and accessories).
- You are able to provide the faulty items and packaging for inspection or for our record, or at least provide clear, detailed images of the suspected fault.
- The item has not been mistreated or damaged through abnormal use.
- You are able to provide satisfactory proof of purchase in the form of a legible receipt.
- Once the faulty item is returned to us we are only obliged to provide compensation for the value of the product purchased, therefore the limit of compensation received for a faulty item will be through either a replacement product or refund of the paid value of the item.
- For items received damaged through an online order, the delivery time for receiving a replacement product starts from when we formally confirm with you that we will replace the item. All replacement products follow the same despatch process as the shipping of normal products. Refer to our shipping times and details for more clarity.
- When packaging the goods to be shipped back to us, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are suitably packaged and include all original packaging, labels, manuals, accessories and other items that came with it. If we deem at our discretion that the returned item is incomplete then we reserve the right to reject the return claim.
All refunds made in-store and online will be returned via the original payment method using the original card used.
- We may request that the card holder is present for refunds on a credit or debit card.
- For purchases made by a gift card, store credit or product exchange, only a store credit voucher will be offered as compensation.
- Refunds for online orders will be processed within the next week after a return or refund is confirmed, as these have to be handled by accounts and processed back through the PayPal gateway using the original payment method.
When making a return you may be required to provide photograph identification and we may record your personal information including name and contact details. Acceptable identification must include your name, photograph and be current (i.e. not expired).
Please keep in mind that by law it is not a requirement that we accept a return for change of mind, it is a gesture of goodwill. Please contact us if you would like to return your order or if you have any questions about our return or refund policies.