The Season to be Jolly - The Perfect Christmas Seafood Food selection
Christmas is indeed, the season to be jolly. One of the things that make a person jolly is sumptuous food. Food is an important part of any celebration and since Christmas is not your ordinary holiday, then you deserve food that will leave a lasting impression in your stomach and taste buds as well as in your guests’. Here is the perfect Christmas seafood food selection that you and your guests will surely love:
- Salmon. Salmon is the perfect fish for any kind of dish. If you want it to be low-key so you can let other flavors of your dip, marinate, or sauce shine through, then you can simply steam it and let its freshness be a perfect base for flavors. However, if you want it to be the star of the feast, you can enrich its taste with different ingredients just like the simple yet delicious Pan Fried Salmon with Pumpkin. All you need is the salmon, some cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, and radish. All you have to do is to mix the ingredients well, shape it to the form of a log, mix pecans with parsley, roll the log that you made on the mixture, and let it chill. Then, serve it with your favorite crackers and with confidence.
- Prawns. Prawns look lovely and they are just as tasty. It is also simple to prepare and you can serve it in various dishes as a side or the main ingredient. You just need to remember not to overcook your prawns. It takes just about a minute to cook each side of the prawns. It is great for salads not just because of its flavour but also because of the festive salad colors.
- Croquettes. You can serve fish croquettes on your Christmas feast. Impress your guests with a gourmet Italian appetizer and they will surely come back for more. Just fry the fish croquettes until they are golden brown, top them with some polenta chips, and decorate with dripping sauces of different, festive colors.
- Bass. Serve a whole black or striped bass so there is something different and eye-catching on your Christmas feast table. Your whole fish will surely catch the attention of your guests and before dinner is over, it will catch their hearts as well.
- Oysters. Oysters are rather tasty especially when served fresh. You can serve it in different ways – with some lemon juice, with some vinaigrette, or with some pepper crumbs. You can serve it on top of crushed ice and rock salt to keep them cold and fresh. In case that you want another variant aside from fresh oysters, you can also use oysters to make “Pizzaola” wherein you bake the oysters with some oregano, tomato sauce, and other herbs that you love.
These are just some of the finest seafood dishes that you can incorporate in your Christmas menu. You can also try seafood salads, pasta dishes with seafood, and of course, the well-loved lobster.